Fragrance Applications Technologist
Sensory FX is seeking an experienced and talented Fragrance Applications Technologist for a permanent position at our head office in Centurion, South Africa.
The Fragrance Application Technologist position in our Research and Development team is to support a progressive and innovative product development and sales strategy in the Africa region. The successful applicant will need to have experience of selected cosmetic, personal hygiene and various cleaning applications, ingredients and processes with practical experience in the customer product-manufacturing environment. A good understanding of many of the fragrance reactions/interactions in common cosmetic products with the ability to successfully lead selected industry projects and to translate market trends into innovative products for selected customers. In addition the applications technologist serves to guide and assist the fragrance technologists during the project brief and product creation processes. This position will also be responsible to provide accurate guidance to the sales team on industry and product trends.
Your professional profile includes:
- Degree or qualification in Cosmetic Science / Consumer Science or equivalent
- Previous work experience with required fragrance segment (cosmetic, personal and home care products).
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as application technologist in the fragrance industry, or in R&D department / cosmetic, personal or home care product development with a good understanding about manufacturing processes in the related industry
- Aware of industrial constraints
- Able to work with standard processing equipment
- Experience in the use of fragrances
- Passionate about fragrances and personal/ home care products; well-developed sensory skills
- Well developed Project management skills: taking the project lead, arranging the team to work within a project; executing, monitoring and finalizing each project successfully.
- Initiative, curious, self-motivated individual striving to meet and exceed customers’ aspirations & expectations